The Benefits of Straightening Your Teeth - Care Orthodontics in San Jose, CA
There are numerous benefits to straight teeth:
- A beautiful smile
- Improve self-esteem
- Good dental health
- Easier hygiene maintenance
- Enhance the quality of your relationships
- Improves your success at school and work
For children, The American Association of Orthodontists recommends children should be seen by age 7, so that they can be evaluated if orthodontic treatment necessary or if there are any preventative steps to avoid extensive orthodontic treatment in the future.
Early-age orthodontic treatment is socially acceptable, and your child may see psychological benefits from experiencing orthodontics as compared to their peers.
For children, the benefits of early orthodontic treatment are:
- Correction of crowded teeth
- Increase the effectiveness of treatment
- Ability to modify jaw growth
- Correct and decrease amount of dis-proportionate jaw growth
- Prevention of dental problems such as unusual wear of teeth surfaces, incisal trauma, gum impingement, abnormal pressure on teeth and gum
For adults, the benefits of adult orthodontic treatment are:
- Better periodontal maintenance
- Prevention of periodontal diseases
- Proper bite alignment
- Correction of misalignment of the jaw
- Prevention of abnormal stress and pressure on bone, gum and jaw joint
To get started, contact us and set up your FREE initial consultation. Before you arrive, please fill out our Health_History form and bring it in to your initial consultation. This information will allow us to make the proper recommendations for you as well as better serve you throughout the course of your treatment. As always, we are here to serve your needs. Please call us if you have any questions: (408) 971-2885.